9/11/10

The Singer Has Lost Her Voice

I have made lofty crafting plans lately…maybe too lofty, as my sewing machine has decided to go on strike. When it first started to chew through my bobbin thread, I assumed I’d wound the bobbin incorrectly (though I’ve been doing it for a good ten years and never had this problem before). Anyway, I wound and then re-wound my bobbins, reset all of my dials and knobs, tested different weights of fabric. Nothing helped, and this makes my heart sad.


I’ve had this machine since my Dad picked it up for me at a garage sale ten or eleven years ago for the awesome price of $3. The lady selling it had once been a dress maker by trade, and this was one of her many machines. A sturdy Singer Stylist, my second-hand machine has more options and features than I’ll ever use. She’s been tough and dependable up till now, and I really hope she can be repaired. I know I could go buy a new machine, but honestly the computerized models produced today scare me a little. Maybe a lot. Ha ha

So, I’m now doing a bit of research to determine where I can go locally to get my dear friend repaired. I wouldn’t trust “her” with just anyone after all.

Yes, I know it’s just a machine; but we’ve been through a lot together over the years and I am hoping we have a bright future ahead. If I have to break down and buy a new machine, so be it. One way or the other, I’m determined to get everything on my list (and project table) done by Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can get her fixed, it'd be a shame to have to buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails