10/14/11

No Time for THAT!

It’s been a while since I really wrote anything of substance for this little blog of mine. I hate excuses, but here are mine: I was pregnant. Then I was even more pregnant (and mildly miserable). Then I gave birth to a lovely little boy (our second). Then I was on maternity leave and for some reason I could not focus on writing much more than a post card. Then Little Guy had his CT scan, and his surgery and Baby Boy was too adorable to ever put down, etc… and then my leave was over.

After I returned to work, it felt like every waking “free” moment should be spent with Hubby and the boys (working Mama guilt sometimes overwhelms yours truly).

So anyway, things like writing and sewing and reading have taken a back seat of late to the crazy little every day stuff that makes my life so vivid and rewarding (and frankly, worth writing about in the first place).

I’m really sorry that I haven’t made more of an effort with blogging these last few weeks/months …. not sorry for you (I know you probably have better things to do than read my silly ramblings), but sorry for me. Sorry because even though my bits of this and that are often silly and disjointed, writing helps me clear the fog from my brain. It soothes me in a way that a bubble bath can soothe after a crazy stressful day. When the world seems out of control around me, writing down my thoughts brings the spinning, surging, stampeding whirlwind that is life… into crisp focus. The rush of it all slows down (though maybe for only a few minutes) and I can see clearly. The stuff that does not matter begins to recede and I’m left with some moments of calm.

And frankly, I can use all the calm I can get right now…so stay tuned. More posts to come.

 


“Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You’re going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don’t try to be perfect, just be an excellent example of being human.”

-Tony Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails