My Mom had recently given me some yardage of heavy brown felt which she didn’t need. As soon as I saw it, I just knew it would be perfect for the bear project I had in mind.
I made my own pattern, sketching out the bear shape I was wanting on a big piece of drawing paper. I cut out the brown felt for all the big pieces. I used doll face velour and scraps of felt for facial features (all from my stash). I did buy a fat quarter of brown stripey cotton for the ears, tail and belly, but everything else I already had. I stitched him up on my machine (except for the tail, and the belly, which I did by hand). The belly part covers the opening I used to stuff him.