4/20/11

Catching Up

The wickedhappy house has been aflutter with activity this past week. I will blame said activity on my lack of posting – it’s as good an excuse as any, right?

So, here’s what’s been going on around here….

I passed that glucose tolerance test I’d mentioned in my last post! Hurrah for me. I will of course do whatever I need to do to keep my baby healthy…but I must admit I was really dreading the dietary restrictions that a fail would have put upon me.

Over the weekend my Mother-in-law came for a visit. It was really great to have her here, and she and Little Guy really had a chance to connect and enjoy each other’s company. They don’t usually get much one-on-one time, and it was wonderful to see how much fun they were having together. I really love to see him interacting with all of his Grandparents. It reminds me of the wonderful relationships I had with my own Grandparents growing up, and that makes me very happy!

On the Quilting front…I finished the quilt top for Little Guy’s cowboy themed twin size quilt (I promise you’ll see pictures soon). My goal is to get the whole thing done by the end of the month. Even if it means a few late nights, it will be worth it to have that marked off the old ‘to do’ list. I bought low-loft batting as I want it to be something he can have on the bed year round. The piecing is always the hardest of course, so it should be all down-hill from here. Little Guy caught a sneak peek before I was half done with the top, and he snuggled it and hugged it and said “MY BLANKET”. So… I think he’ll like it just fine!

Once that one is out of the way, I’ll have to get busy on New Baby’s quilt too. My deadline for that one is more flexible…but I’d like to have it done before he gets here this summer, obviously. I don’t remember having a lot of free time for sewing those first few months after a little one is born.

Little Guy managed to catch a cold…another one. I swear he’s had a runny/stuffy nose since September! Like many little ones, he struggles to breathe with a stuffy nose while laying flat in his bed. The solution (more often than not) is Hubby or I have to sleep sitting up on the sofa, holding our sweetie in an upright position. This helps him sleep…us, not so much. I think though, that after a few rough nights, we are seeing great improvement and he’s almost back to 100%. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the photos of the quilt. Would love to make one someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, want to see the finished quilt. Passing the glucose test must be a big relief!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails