3/5/11

Aunt Ree’s Blueberry Cobbler

If you haven’t eaten cobbler, or if it’s been a while since you have – here’s a recipe you might want to try.

Cobbler is an old-fashioned dessert. It’s yummy warm with ice cream on top. It’s yummy cold on day two. To be honest, I always think its yummy, and it brings back very happy memories of childhood (my Mom made Peach or Rhubarb cobbler fairly often).

Hubby is not typically a huge fan of cobbler. His idea of dessert usually includes chocolate, and lots of it. But I was in the mood for something fruity, and the idea of cobbler sounded just perfect to me. My Mom is from the South, and this particular recipe is one that was given to me by my Great Aunt Ree who lives in that area still.

It’s a fairly simple recipe, and the flavor is simply heavenly. We did eat our first serving hot with ice cream, but it’s good hot or cold. I believe you could substitute other fruit as desired, but if you are a fan of blueberries….you can’t go wrong with the original.

Aunt Ree’s Blueberry Cobbler

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Melt one stick of butter in a casserole dish or 9x13 pan.

Mix into the melted butter:
1 ½ cup flour
1 ½ cup sugar
¾ cup milk
2 ¼ tsp baking powder

In separate bowl:
1 quart blueberries (room temp)
½ cup sugar
water – to the top of the blueberries in the bowl

Stir the blueberries, sugar and water gently and pour over mixture in casserole dish

Bake for 40 minutes or until top of cobbler is golden brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails