8/2/10

Party Bunting (52 Week Challenge - Week 2)

I recently joined the challenge put forth by the Thrify Mrs. She and a friend concocted a goal of making 52 things in 52 weeks. The guidelines are pretty open. You just need to make things you enjoy, and which aren’t part of your usual repertoire.

The reason I'm posting week 2 out of order, is that I didn't want to show the party decorations before the actual party (might have spoiled some of the fun for the folks who came on Saturday).

I had originally planned to make fabric bunting, but never found just the right fabric.  Instead I made a paper version.  I purchased some sheets of solid color scrapbook paper, and cut out the shapes I needed to make several each of Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie.  I cut the paper free-hand, so that bit took a little while.  Once I had my pieces I glued them to triangles cut from stiff white poster board.  I strung them up with white yarn.  Pretty simple really, but I like the overall look of it:





Now that the party is behind us, I've hung one strand of the bunting on his bedroom window so that he can enjoy them long after the other decorations have been stashed away.

Challenge Summary: Week Two
Ever done this before? Nope
Do I love it? Yes
Material Cost: scrapbook paper from local craft store: $4.00 total - everything else from my cupboard
Time Spent: under 2 hours
Success - Yes or No? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails