Where oh where has that blogger gone? Where oh where could she be?
I’m still here. Obviously I’ve not been posting as much this week as usual. We are all doing very well, but we just haven’t had a lot of spare time. Both Hubby and I have had pretty busy weeks at our respective day jobs. Though obviously that shouldn’t really have an impact on our evenings – truth be told, it does.
After a hectic day at work (sitting in front of a computer), sometimes the honest to goodness last thing I want to do with my evening is….sit in front of a computer!
This post will likely be brief, but I wanted to touch base and fill you in on the lovely weekend we had and how we’ve been filling our spare time this week. So here’s a “quick” recap…
• Little Guy and I spent the weekend with my folks so hubby could paint Little Guy’s new “Big Boy” room without the help of said Big Boy.
• We had Little Guy’s 2 year photos taken by a professional photographer. The results were fabulous. Each picture melted my heart. And then my melted heart broke right in half when I had to narrow down my favorites to place an order. **sigh** Looking forward to getting them soon!
• Little Guy took his first ever “outside bath” in his Grandpa’s washtub. That same washtub was one I splashed around in as a child myself. He was squealing with delight the whole time. It was very sweet, and a nice way for him to cool off. I don’t know about where you are, but here it’s been down-right muggy.
• My parents took Little Guy and I to see a small animal auction. Our little sweetie was thrilled to be in such close proximity to goats, chickens, bunnies and donkeys. I think he’d have gladly stayed for days.
• Upon our return home, we inspected hubby's handiwork. Little Guy approved completely with the new paint. He fell in love with his “NOOMROOM” right off the bat. We haven’t totally moved him in yet, but are slowly getting his things settled in their new home. We’re saving his bed for last. Hopefully, he’ll be 100% moved by week’s end. He already loves to go in and play with his toys and just look around.
• These evenings in which I should have been blogging (or a million other things), I’ve instead been watching old episodes of Veronica Mars (a tv series which was cancelled a few years ago, but which I never watched until I picked it up on NetFlix). It’s fun, and brings to mind a cross between Nancy Drew and another old tv series favorite of mine, My So-Called Life. Veronica Mars is full of teen angst and mystery – nothing at all like reality of course, but it’s been a fun diversion which has allowed me some much needed relaxation.
Hope you are having a wonderful day. I promise to be more diligent with my blogging - soon.