7/25/10

Bench (52 Week Challenge - Week 3)

I recently joined the challenge put forth by the Thrify Mrs. She and a friend concocted a goal of making 52 things in 52 weeks. The guidelines are pretty open. You just need to make things you enjoy, and which aren’t part of your usual repertoire.

Here's my result for week three (You’ll see week two’s results when I post party pictures next week - sorry for the out-of-order blogging)…

This adorable little bench was given to us by a family member. It is sturdy (cast iron legs) and just needed a new covering. Admittedly this may not really count at a “make” according to Thrify Mrs, but I’m hoping she’ll let me slide this one time. It’s been a rough last few weeks.

Here's a "before" shot...


When it came to choosing new fabric, I knew that I wanted something neutral, which would also be pretty tough. After all, I live with a little tornado who loves crayons and kool-aid. I had this nubby wool that is brown with bits of gold and orange woven through. I am very pleased with the end result.

And "After"...

Challenge Summary: Week Three
Ever done this before? Not exactly – I'm no pro, but I have recovered kitchen chairs before
Do I love it? Yes
Material Cost: bench was a kind gift. Fabric on hand – $0.00
Time Spent: under 20 minutes
Success - Yes or No? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails