2/15/10

A Lovely Valentines Day

Sunday was, of course, Valentines Day. My sweetheart and I tend to approach such holidays in a fairly casual manner. We are both pretty frugal, and Dan is not a big fan of huge displays of affection… so we keep it simple. We always exchange cards, and Dan outdid himself this year. He found the perfect card for me. It was funny and sweet all at the same time. He “helped” Willie pick out a card for me as well, and that one was perfect too! My big surprise came when Dan brought me a lovely bouquet of lilies. They were (and still are) just beautiful!









How lucky am I? And to make things even better…it seemed that Will understood the theme of the day was Love, because he showered me with hugs and kisses all day long.

Dan doesn’t like getting his picture taken. This is as close as I could get to a Valentine portrait of my fantastic hubby and I.



zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dan and I don’t have a “song” to call our own. Not sure why, but I guess it just never came up. Lately, Nick Jr has been playing a little animated video for Bob Marley’s “Everything’s Gonna Be Allright”. It makes me happy every time I see it/hear it. That sweet song reminds me of just how wonderful everything can be in my life – and just how wonderful it IS as long as Dan and Willie are with me. They are my reason for “smiling with the risin' sun” every day.

If you don’t know that song… here are the lyrics:

"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing" - I won't worry!
"'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right" - I won't worry!
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right! /fadeout/
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope you also had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails