12/22/09

These are a few of my Favorite Things

Do you remember the song "My Favorite Things"?

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittensBright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens Brown paper packages tied up with stringsThese are a few of my favorite things
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudelsDoorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodlesWild geese that fly with the moon on their wingsThese are a few of my favorite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashesSnowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashesSilver white winters that melt into springsThese are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bitesWhen the bee stingsWhen I'm feeling sadI simply remember my favorite things And then I don't feel so bad
xx
I don't feel bad at all, but I have had this song stuck in my head for a couple of days, and it made me think about a few of MY favorite things.... and because I'm in a sharing mood, I grabbed our little camera and snapped a few pics so that I can share them with you...
X
the chickens in my kitchen make me think of my Dad (who also collects chickens)... and they always put a smile on my face, no matter how silly or chochky they are.












The Jade-ite dishes (here are a few of them) which I've collected for years, make me want to curl up in a big fluffy chair with a hot cup of coffee and a dish of yummy pastry. Even though we rarely use any of them, I love 'em to bits.









here are the fridge magnets that always make my hubby roll his eyes...










The walls of our tiny dining room are cram-packed with family photos. Some are of folks still here with us. Others passed on long ago. Some I've never even met, but seeing their faces always makes me feel close to my family both past and present.









This year, for the first time ever, I tried my hand at canning. It's hard work of course, but there is nothing quite like looking at rows of beautiful jars, and knowing you put them there....










And probably my most prized possession... a hand-stitched postage stamp quilt. Though it's faded with time, it is still beautiful. Looking at it makes me thankful for all the wonderful women in my life, including the long gone family member who worked so hard to make this beautiful work of art.


vv
So even if I haven't been bit by a dog or stung by a bee... and even if I'm not having a particularly bad day, I can still remember my favorite things and the day gets even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails