It’s no April Fools joke… I’ve actually received my first blogging award (how sweet is that?). I must say a humble thank you to the lovely and talented Crafty Helen for the honor. I'm very flattered that she thought of me.
By accepting this award, I am required to tell you 7 things about myself. After some pondering, I’ve come up with the below list…
1. I’m terrified of geese. A couple of those psychotic birds have chosen the entry way to the office where I work as their nest. If you walk too close, the male will hiss & charge with wings flapping! Horrible beasts!
2. I am a complete homebody. I love spending time with my fellas at home or visiting with my folks. I love to curl up on the sofa and craft or read. If I didn’t have an office job to go to, I might not leave the house for days…
3. I love, love, LOVE talk radio – my guiltiest pleasure is anything political! I’m a politics and news junkie (though this blog will remain a politics-free zone, I promise!)
4. I’m currently enrolled in a crochet beginner’s class! It’s put on by the local public school system. Two classes down so far (six to go). Loving it so far. Hoping to be “skilled” enough to finish an afghan by Christmas for my sweet Grandma B… assuming I can put aside all my other little projects long enough to do it, that is.
5. The Ultimate Comfort Food, for me, is a tall creamy milk shake and a giant order of hot greasy French fries.... mmmmmm
6. My first car was a 1979 Chevy Monza – I named her “Mona”. All of my cars have had names… after Mona, there was Myrtle (best car ever!) and then Lucy (horrible girl), followed by Isabella (lovely lady) and now I drive the strong and faithful Ethel.
7. When it was time for our sweet Willie to be born - he was in quite a hurry! The time that passed between my first contraction and my holding him in my arms was a whopping four hours and 15 minutes!
So enough about me.... Now it is my duty to pass this little award on to 7 very deserving bloggers...
I’ve chosen the following ladies (and their blogs) because they each write beautiful and uplifting posts about their lives, their families and their passions. They have wonderful stories, projects and photos to share with you, so if you have a few minutes… give them a visit.
These are truly "Beautiful Bloggers"...
The Ramblings of an Everyday Mummy
Coffee Tea, Books and Me
Plain Ol Vanilla
A Vision Splendid
For the record… it was so very HARD to pick only seven! Check out my blogroll or the list of blogs I follow for even more wonderful blogtastic reading!