11/4/10

Making a List, Checking it Twice

Where has this year gone? There are only fifty-one days till Christmas!

If, like me, you participate in holiday giving, that fifty-one can be a scary number.

I’m a planner by nature, and honestly we have a lot of our gifts purchased/made & stashed away. Hubby and I tend to “shop” all year long. More often than not, we find fun gifts and stocking stuffers on clearance racks and in Goodwill stores. We don’t buy everything on the cheap, but we do save our pennies wherever we possibly can. Frugal shopping is fairly easy these days, anyway. What we can’t find in a close-out sale, we look for on-line and/or on sale in our local stores. With the Internet and sales in every shop, it’s not difficult to find everything on your list – and at the right price to boot.

It’s the hand-made items I hope to make this year that have me panicked just a bit. Fifty-one days doesn’t seem nearly long enough when I see the pile of raw materials that need to be turned into nifty Christmas presents for family and friends.

In a few minutes, I am going to sort that pile, and put each project into its own bag. Then I’m going to make a big mug of hot chocolate and dig into the first project on the list. Maybe (depending on what I pick first - and how much energy I have before bedtime), I’ll even have time to tackle two!

Confession – even though I’m a little bit tense about getting everything done on time, I don’t care at all! I just love this time of year so much!!! Everything about the holidays makes me happy…even the panic 51 days out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails