11/20/10

Little Handbag (52 week challenge - week 9?)

A while back I joined the challenge put forth by the Thrify Mrs. She and a friend concocted a goal of making 52 things in 52 weeks. The guidelines were pretty open. You just need to make things you enjoy, and which aren’t part of your usual repertoire.

For my Mom's birthday earlier this week, I wanted to make something that she would enjoy, but also something that she could use.  Mom is a Sunday school teacher and loves to read her Bible, so I made a little handbag/carry-all for her Bible, maybe a study guide and plenty of pens and highlighters.

I used a pattern from an old quilting magazine that I found at a garage sale for 10 cents this summer.  I used some pretty blue fabric and lace trim that were in my stash. There are pockets on both the front and back.

Front view

Back view
Interior
Challenge Summary: Week Nine?
Ever done this before? Nope
Do I love it? Yes I do!! And Mom does too.
Material Cost: 10 cents for the magaizine that had the pattern.  Everything else on hand.
Time Spent: maybe an hour
Success - Yes or No? YES!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails