5/11/10

Sunny Days


I’m preoccupied by Big Bird and his friends from Sesame Street these days. Even though it’s still a few months away, we’ve started to plan our Little One’s next birthday party. He’s so crazy about Cookie Monster, and Elmo, and Oscar and the rest – that the theme just fell into place.

In the evenings, we read him stories about Grover and Zoe and Bert & Ernie. We watch Little Guy playing with his “Elmo Shout” toy or hugging his “Tickle me Cookie Monster”. We watch “Elmo’s World” on DVD.

We’ll hang streamers and balloons. I’ll make his birthday cake. It will probably be bigger than we really need. It probably won’t turn out just the way I hope for. It will probably taste far better than it looks. I know that my little sweetie will love it no matter how it turns out though, and that is all that matters to me.

Today it is overcast and dreary outside. But inside (my head), I’m humming the theme from Sesame Street, and thinking about how much fun my little guy will be having on his birthday, and I'm smiling as I hum to myself...

Sunny day...
sweepin' the clouds away,
on my way to where the air is sweet...
Can you tell me how to get,
how to get to Sesame Street?
Come and play,
everything's a-okay.
Friendly neighbors there,
that's where we meet
Can you tell me how to get,
how to get to Sesame Street?
It's a magic carpet ride...
every door will open wideto happy people like you,
happy people like,what a beautiful
Sunny day...sweepin' the clouds away,
on my way to where the air is sweet...
Can you tell me how to get,
how to get to Sesame Street...?
how to get to Sesame Street...
how to get to Sesame Street...

1 comment:

  1. Arghhh! what have you done? I am going to be singing seseme street all day now! hehehe
    Thanks for that ;~)

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails