1/13/10

New Look

I was unhappy with the header/banner choices I'd come across for my blog... so I dug down deep into my art school background and decided to set up a few still-life arrangements for some pics. My favorite now graces the top of my blog. Runners up are shown below:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I like this one (I have a thing for buttons), but the words were hard to read.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I like the idea behind this one... the buttons, the bolts of bright fabric, my old recipe box, my favorite chicken "Louise"... but it was too "busy".
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This one includes a few of my cookbooks and a tiny S&P that I always enjoy, but I felt that this one also just had too much going on.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
so in the end I spread out some of the bright fabric (left over from when I reupholstered our kitchen chairs) and topped it with the buttons and Scrabble tiles. I'm sure it won't be my last new header, but its one I'm happy with for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails