1/13/10

Mission Impossible

I am wondering... How do those skinny girls stay so skinny? You know the ones I'm talking about (maybe you are one, God bless ya)... the ones with no appetite and tiny little tushes. How do they avoid eating every wonderful yummy treat that their co-workers bring for food-day? How do they make it home from the market without a box of cookies or a Snickers tucked inside their grocery bag? Why does their metabolism rocket along at warp speed, while mine seems jammed in reverse? Do they even know what "fat jeans" are? **sigh**

As you may have guessed, I'm trying (for the eleventy-millionth time in my life) to "eat right" and get in shape. The exercise part is no problem. We have a Wii Fit and it does wonders to keep me motivated, and I can tell a difference. The problem is I know the difference would be a whole lot bigger if it weren't for my sweet tooth, and my salty tooth, and my Red Robin Bleu Ribbon burger tooth.... You get the idea. I just plain enjoy eating... and for someone who loves to eat yummy fattening food (me!!) it's especially hard.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So forgive me if I'm a little tiny bit grouchy lately. I want to eat lemon meringue pie, and red velvet cake, and double chocolate chip cookies and those little cherry sour candies from the grocery store. I want brownies right out of the oven and Chubby Hubby Ben & Jerry's....

As you may have deduced, the end for this diet may be near. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm really not bitter, just hungry. And yesterday I noticed Girl Scout Cookie time is upon us. How on Earth can I say no to a sweet little Girl Scout who might ask me to buy Thin Mints or Samoas (or whatever they call them now...they'll always be Samoas to me)?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I remember being a "Brownie" and selling those cookies. I hated the selling part and my long standing rule is that I'll buy from any little girl selling them, (as long as she asks me in person). But should I break my rule this year for the sake of my questionable waist-line? Should I deprive HER of the glory associated with filling out her multi-colored cookie order form? and maybe winning a prize? or getting a certificate of merit? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, of course not. That would be rude, and I try never to be rude. So bring on those order forms! Everything in moderation right? I'll just ration out those cookies and make them last for a long time.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Or at least I'll try to. We'll see. Wait a second! Do you smell Cinnamon Rolls? I'd better check it out. Don't wait around. This might take a bit.


photo: Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails