7/6/11

Light at the End of the Tunnel

The end is in sight. Woo Hoo! We’re counting days now, instead of weeks or months. It’s scary and exciting and frustrating and exhilarating all at once. So far, Baby Boy is ignoring his looming due date. He seems perfectly satisfied to stay in his Mommy’s belly forever.

Mommy, however, would not be quite as satisfied with that result. I’ll admit these last couple of weeks have been hard. I’m swollen and achy and terribly slow. I’m so cumbersome and whale-like that even my fattest maternity clothes seem to mock me. This has been the frustrating part. I am so looking forward to delivery, and meeting our new little fella, and getting back to feeling normal.  Tired, I'm sure...but normal!

Until that happens I’ve been trying to stay busy. I’ve been working on a few craft projects (will post about those tomorrow), reading, watching old tv re-runs (thank you NetFlix), playing with Little Guy and generally relaxing. I know that activities like relaxing and reading will soon be difficult to execute.

Hubby is amazing. He cooks and helps around the house and pampers me silly. Little Guy seems torn. He’s excited to have his new brother around, but never hesitates to say that the Baby is not allowed to play with his Thomas the trains, or read his books etc. I think he senses that things are getting closer. He’s been a lot clingier and huggier than usual (no complaints here). I am sure there will be an adjustment period, but I do think he’ll make a great big brother.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we embark on this next exciting chapter. We are very blessed and look forward to an exciting future with our two little boys!

3 comments:

  1. The 3 of you are in my thoughts and I'm sending you big but gentle hugs!
    Hope you breeze thru' labour and am looking forward to seeing the photos of you and even 'littler man'!
    Much love, Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think thats gone really quick (but I bet you don't!!) I hope everything goes swiftly and smoothly for you. xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails