6/15/11

Almost There...




this pic is of me
in 2008... still haven't
taken one this time
around...but you get
the idea!  :)

I won't lie to you.

I've felt better.

Lately my back aches and my feet look like hams (with chubby sausage links for toes).  Everything gives me heartburn.  I can't move very fast, and sleeping is a challenge.  I'm exhausted all the time.

But, you know what?  None of that matters - not one bit.  In a month (or maybe a little less), with God's blessing and the assistance of a wonderful doctor - we'll be welcoming our second little boy into the world.  I can hardly wait!! 

I want to know if he'll look like Little Guy, or if he'll have a dimple in his chin like his Daddy does.  I wonder if his hair will be dark or fair and what color his eyes will be.  I want to cuddle him and smell his soft babyness and cherish every moment of the wonder that goes hand in hand with having a newborn. 

There are other things I wonder about too....will he be healthy?  Will he be happy?  Will he like to sleep?  And will our parenting skills (which are not yet anywhere near perfect) be good enough?  Will we be able to show both of our boys just how amazing and wonderful we think they are?  Will they know how much we love them?

I'm hoping the answer to all of those questions is "yes".  Time will tell.

For now, I'm just enjoying the excitement and the anticipation that comes with the light at the end of the pregnancy tunnel.  Every day is a little like the night before Christmas... I know something amazing is going to happen.  I just don't know all the details yet.

So bring on the heartburn, the fat achy feet, the sore back and sleepless nights!  For, very soon the current discomforts will be nothing more than a memory, and I'll be holding my sweet Baby Boy in my arms. 

Nothing else matters.  Nothing at all.

4 comments:

  1. That first look at a new baby is so wonderful...and that smell. I just love it.

    Glad you're okay. I know it's hard, but it's sort of the wonderfulness beforehand that's so sweet, isn't it?

    Btw, you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited for you both!
    He's bound to be a happy chappy 'cos he has two great parents!
    Let's keep our fingers Xd that he likes to sleep(!), then Mommy can have a bit of a rest too!
    Sending all my love and the biggest hugs possible,
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there - the last month or so is always the hardest. Treasure up the moments (which it sounds like you are doing) because that baby will be in kindergarten before you know it (like mine will be this fall!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took me back Christy - such an exciting time when you add to your family. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails